Maximum Living Shrimp & Lobster Pie
Satiate your seafood cravings, and warm your bones with this decadent and savory pie.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, broccoli, peas)
- 2 cup lobster or 2 lobster tails
- 1 lb. pink shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Steam lobsters over boiling water for about 3 minutes until meat turns white. Set aside to cool.
- Cut up meat into bite sized pieces about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
- Boil shrimp for about 5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, salt, pepper, oregano and dill. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add flour and stir constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Add vegetables, shrimp and lobster meat and combine.
- Pour into bottom prepared pie pastry and top with another.
- Seal pie crust edges together by pinching with your fingers.
- Cut a few slits in the top of the pie.
- Place pie on baking sheet. Put on middle shelf in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until pie crust turns a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.