Maximum Living Perfect Pie Crust
What makes a good pie is an outstanding crust and with this recipe you will never have to worry about the perfect pie crust again. This crust will go with any pie filling, it works with everything!
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup butter, chilled and diced
- ¼ cup ice water
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until it looks like medium sized coarse crumbs. Add water two tablespoons at a time and continue stirring until dough starts to form a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for minimum four hours.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate and press dough evenly into the bottom and sides, pinching the edge with your fingers to form a nice decorative edge.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned