Maximum Living Holiday Candied Apples
Candied apples are an easy-to-make, classic fall treat. These are perfect for fall festivals, kid's parties or just to snack on during a cool autumn evening.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Apples of your choice
- Popsicle Sticks or heavy twigs that have been washed (this makes it a little different and fun)
- Red food coloring
- Candy thermometer
- Wax paper
- Cookie Sheet
- (Optional) Red Hots Cinnamon Candies
- Mix sugar, water and cream of tartar in saucepan.
- Put on high heat with candy thermometer positioned in center of fluid level.
- While it is boiling, thoroughly wash and dry your apples, and spear with the sticks.
- Boil mixture until reaches hard crack (300ºF), then immediately add red food coloring to desired color and stir. You can also stir in red hot candies until melted (they will add in more red color and a cinnamon flavor if desired )
- Quickly immediately dip the apples, twisting to cover, and set on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.