Maximum Living Hot Chocolate with a Marshmallow Man
Candied apples are an easy-to-make, classic fall treat. These are perfect for fall festivals and kid's parties.
- 4 cupsof your favorite chocolate milk
- 1/4 vanilla bean, scraped (or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (60%)
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- peppermint flavoring
- large marshmallows
- pretzel sticks
- candy corn
- tooth picks
- tube of chocolate icing
Connect 3 marshmallows with toothpicks add candy corn for nose and pretzel sticks for legs and arms as seen in picture, decorate eyes and buttons with chocolate icing tube using a narrow tip. The icing also comes in small tubes in many colors in case you want to add some extra flair!
Take one pint of whipping cream and whip in chilled bowl, adding in confectioners sugar to taste, whip until soft peaks start to form. At that time you can add in 4 drops of peppermint flavoring which is so good with the hot chocolate. And if you really want to have some fun, add in 3 drops of red food coloring for a soft pink peppermint color. Continue to whip until whipped cream shows stiff peaks.
- To a medium saucepan, placed over low heat, pour in the milk and vanilla bean caviar and bean. Heat until a very gentle simmer and take the saucepan off the heat and allow to steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and discard.
- Create a double boiler, by setting a stainless steel or glass bowl over a saucepan filled with simmering water. Add the chocolate to the bowl and heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Place the steeped milk over medium low heat, and pour in the melted chocolate; whisk until completely incorporated and mixture is hot. Divide between mugs and top with homemade marshmallow man and even some whipped cream!