Maximum Living Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Nothing says "Fall is here!" like the smell of pumpkin pie in the oven. Randy's Maximum Living Perfect Pumpkin Pie puts a fun twist on this classic holiday staple.
- 1 ¾ cups canned pumpkin
- 1 ¾ cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- Combine pumpkin and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Pour pie filling into prepared piecrust.
- Leaf Trim- Roll out remaining pastry to ⅛" thickness. Cut out leaf shapes, using 1" to 1 ½" cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score pastry to create leaf veins. Brush bottom of each leaf with water. Place one or two layers of leaves around the edge of crust; press lightly to secure. Cover edges with foil to protect edges from over browning. You can also use this technique with other cookie cutter designs such as Turkeys, hearts acorns and apples. Vary them for the occasion or season you are celebrating.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 50 additional minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Optional: Vanilla Rum Whipped Cream
1 cup of cream will make about 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Rum Extract
- In a freezer chilled mixing bowl beat 1 cup heavy cream until soft peaks start to form, for best results make sure cream is very cold
- Add 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flavoring at this time and continue mixing until cream is gently stiff with soft peaks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 tsp. rum extract (flavor to taste)
- Serve a dollop onto each cut piece of pie and gently sprinkle with nutmeg