Maximum Living Caprese Skewers
This recipe takes the classic Caprese salad and puts it on a stick, able to be grabbed and eaten quickly and easily. Now you can discard the skewer, and continue your conversation... Or grab another!
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed (or prepared balls)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped large
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 20 paddle skewers
- Toss tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a bowl until tomatoes and cheese are well coated.
- Toothpick one tomato piece, one basil leaf and one piece of mozzarella cheese on each toothpick.
- Repeat this step for larger skewers.
- Arrange on platter and serve.