Maximum Living Salmon Herb Canapés
Impress your guests right off the bat with these canapés. The distinct tastes of rye, cream cheese, herbs and smoked salmon add up to an explosion of flavor that will go fast, much to the lament of any late arrivers.
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 12 slices rye cocktail bread (or use regular rye bread and cut into circles about 1 inch diameter)
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced/diced pieces
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Lemon slices
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Beat together until smooth cream cheese, milk, lemon juice and dill weed.
- Place dollop of cream cheese mixture on top of bread slice, gently roll smoked salmon piece and place on top of cream cheese.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of red onion, capers, lemon slice and dill
- Arrange and serve on medium sized serving platter