Maximum Living Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is the perfect balance of protein, carbs and comfort! Every bite will remind you of just how satisfying a cold Fall and Winter night can be with the right recipe!
- 1 ¾ cups wide egg noodles- cook as per package instructions
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Portobello mushroom tops sliced
- 10 Cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 LB. Beef Steak cut into strips (Costco has a great meat selection)
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 bunch thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups beef stock
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup Crème Fraiche
- In a 12” skillet heat oil and butter. Add onions and mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and sauté for about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside keeping liquid in the pan.
- Return pan to medium heat and add in all-purpose flour, stirring until flour disappears, about 60-90 seconds. Add cut steak and sauté on high for about 5 minutes. Add brandy and cook until alcohol cooks off. Add beef stock, mustard and stir gently scraping the bottom of the pan to release the dark brown fond.
- Add mushrooms and onions back into the pan and continue cooking until liquid is thoroughly bubbling, about 3 minutes on high heat. Add sour cream, crème fraiche and pepper. Thoroughly stir and bring to simmer, about 4 minutes. Combine egg noodles into the pan, coat, stir and serve.
*You can also serve over mashed potatoes or rice if you don’t want to use noodles
Enjoy, and remember… You Can Do It!