Maximum Living Prime Rib
If the picture doesn’t already have your mouth watering, the recipe definitely will!
Prime rib is so easy to make and does not have to be saved as just a special occasion recipe. Make it on a Sunday and repurpose it in other recipes throughout the week. Who knew something so good could be so easy?
- 5 lb Prime Rib Roast (Costco has an excellent beef selection)
- ¼ cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/8 cup cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. ground Thyme
- 1 Tsp. ground Marjoram
- 1 Tsp. ground Rosemary
- 1 Tsp. ground Sage
- Place roast in broiling pan fat side up, bone side down and let rest to room temperature about 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 500 F
- Thoroughly combine dry ingredients except for salt into bowl then mix in butter. Rub and spread evenly over entire roast then season entire roast with kosher salt
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes then turn oven off and do not open oven but leave roast in oven with door closed for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- One hour before serving turn oven back on for 15 minutes then take roast out and let stand for 15 minutes to allow the juices to settle.
- Scrape off excess salt shell
- Carve meat when ready to eat, not before and it will be perfect!
*For a little extra kick and flavor serve the prime rib with horseradish sauce…Amazing!
You Can Do It!