Maximum Living Beef Tenderloin
Preparing a beef tenderloin is so easy to do, in just a few simple steps you can prepare the main course to a gourmet meal. And one of the best parts is it’s great the next day for leftovers. Bring on the tenderloin, please!
- 1 (3lb) Tenderloin trimmed (Check Costco for a great meat selection)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh zested orange peel
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil + enough for searing in the iron skillet
- Iron skillet
- 1 set of tongs
- 1 ramekin
- 1 serving platter
- 1 baster
- 1 sharp cutting knife
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a ramekin add garlic, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, fresh zested orange peel, parsley and rosemary and thoroughly mix
- Then while oven is preheating, heat up an iron skillet with olive oil and sear all sides of the tenderloin until brown, usually about 2 minutes per side
- Next take the tenderloin out of pan and place on a piece of foil. Take two tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil and rub into the seared meat so your spices will adhere. Sprinkle then rub spices into the meat turning to make sure all sides are covered.
- Place in a shallow glass baking dish so that you catch the juices as they are released from the meat as its cooking
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes then turn the roast over. After about 15 minutes baste the top of the roast with the juices in the pan, continue cooking for approximately 20 more minutes until the internal temperature is 140 degrees F ** Make sure NOT to overcook it!
- Remove tenderloin from the oven and let it relax for about 15 minutes before you serve.
- Slice pieces and arrange onto your platter with a sprig of rosemary, gently drizzle any extra juice over the plated meat
This is Maximum Living, one piece of meat for dinner, and any leftovers can be used for gourmet sandwiches the next day!
Enjoy, and remember… YOU CAN DO IT!!