Maximum Living Limoncello Tiramisu di Capri
This isn't your everyday tiramisu... It's sweet, tart, creamy and amazing!
- 16oz mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 lemons (for juice and zest)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup lemon curd
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ cups Limoncello
- ¾ cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 40 ladyfingers (Savoiardi)
- 13x9 inch glass dish
- In a large bowl, mix 16oz mascarpone cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, 1 cup lemon curd, ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup heavy cream, ½ cup Limoncello. Blend until smooth with soft peaks, then set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining Limoncello, ¾ cup fresh lemon juice. 1 cup of water.
- Gently pour in ⅓ cup of sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Let mixture cool slightly, then pour into a small pan no deeper than ¼ inch.
- Take each ladyfinger and roll into sauce, and quickly remove it so it doesn’t fall apart, placing them side by side in the 13x9 glass dish, fitting tightly.
- Spoon half of the lemon cream mixture over the top of the ladyfingers, completely covering all corners.
- Repeat process with ladyfingers and lemon cream one more time, then gently sprinkle remaining lemon zest over the top.
- Cover glass dish with plastic wrap and cool for no less than 6 hours.