Maximum Living Roman Stuffed Olives
At Maximum Living, we don't think you need to be in Rome to do as the Romans do. Bring this savory and authentic Italian favorite to your home and try not to eat them all yourself!
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 1 ounce mild blue cheese
- 24 pitted Spanish olives
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten to blend
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated Parmigiana Reggiano
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Slice prosciutto into very small pieces then sauté in olive oil adding a little salt and pepper cooking until golden.
- Lower the heat and add white wine, let simmer for about 30 minutes adding a small amount of water if necessary to keep from drying out. Remove and drain from pan onto paper towels, gently patting dry.
- Place room temperature blue cheese into a small bowl blending in sautéed prosciutto and 1 1/2 tablespoons parmigiana. Fill each pitted olive with mixture and set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil into a deep skillet so that oil will cover olives, heat oil to 350F.
- Roll stuffed olives into flower then in blended egg and then into bread crumbs completely covering.
- Fry olives for about 30 seconds or until golden brown. Remove with a strainer spoon and place on paper towel to drain.
- Arrange onto your favorite serving dish, sprinkle remaining parmigiana over olives and serve warm.