Maximum Living South of the Border Breakfast Sausage Cups
Spice up your morning routine with this easy, cheesy sausage biscuit recipe. Make it as spicy or mild as you like, and for a little extra heat, try it with spicy sausage!
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped scallions
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Mexican mix cheese pre shredded
- Fry sausage with scallions and crumble.
- Generously spray vegetable oil on a muffin tin. Press biscuits into 5 holes to form a cup with edges coming out above the top.
- Evenly divide crumbled sausage to each biscuit-formed cup. Beat egg with milk. Spoon 1 tablespoon of egg mixture over sausage. Add 1 tablespoon of salsa onto sausage. Top each with shredded cheese. To prevent any spills, place muffin tin on top of a cookie sheet pan while baking.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 17 minutes or until done.