Maximum Living Greek Salad
If you are tired of your same old, everyday salad, then why not switch it up? Your tastebuds will think you've been transported to the Mediterranean with this Greek Salad recipe.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed through garlic press or minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 medium white sweet onion, sliced thin (about ¼ cup)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 4 cups)
- 6 large vine-ripened tomatoes (about 2 pounds), each tomato cored, seeded, and cut into 12 wedges
- 1/4 cup loosely packed torn fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed torn fresh mint leaves
- 6 ounces jarred roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1/2 by 2-inch strips (about 1 cup)
- 20 large kalamata olives, each olive pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
1. Whisk vinaigrette ingredients in large bowl until combined. Add onion and cucumber and toss; let stand to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, Italian parsley, mint, and peppers to bowl with onions and cucumbers; toss to coat with dressing.
3. Transfer salad to wide, shallow serving bowl or platter; sprinkle olives and feta over salad. Serve immediately.
* Also try adding a can of White Albacore Chunk Italian Tuna to the salad for extra protein, its great!