Maximum Living Pineapple Island Cooler
Cool off with this refreshing tropical drink that combines pineapple and lemon juices, as well as distinct, complimentary herb garnishes. It's just what you need to beat the heat.
- 1 large fresh pineapple pre cored
- 1 ¼ cups simple syrup (heat and dissolve equal parts sugar and water until dissolved)
- 8 sprigs lemon verbena gently washed
- 8 sprigs culinary lavender gently washed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 ¾ cups water
- Food processor
- Nonreactive pot (like a tin lined metal pot or a clay or enamel pot)
- Fine mesh strainer (use either a fine mesh or a fine mesh sieve)
Cut pineapple into 1-inch pieces and pulse with metal blade until crushed only. Take crushed pineapple and put into nonreactive pot. Add simple syrup and 2 sprigs of lavender and two sprigs of lemon verbena. Bring to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Strain through mesh into pitcher then squeeze solids in mesh over picture until all juice is deposited. Place in refrigerator until cool then remove and add in lemon juice.
Chill 8 serving glasses in freezer when starting the recipe. Once juice is ready take glasses out of freezer and fill with ice. Pour drink into glasses and garnish with remaining lavender and verbena.
If you want to add a little more tropical vacation to your drinks, add 1 cup of dark rum. You will be transported to the islands in no time at all!!
Enjoy and remember,
You can do it!