Maximum Living Salmon Burger
Salmon Burgers aren’t just for the season; you can have them any time of year. Our Maximum Living Salmon Burger will have you returning time and time again!
- 16 oz. salmon fillet flaked
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flake
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 small red tomato sliced
- Butterhead lettuce
Sun-Dried Tomato-Basil Mayonnaise
- ½ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp oil packed sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine mayonnaise, tomatoes, basil, and 1/8 tsp pepper in bowl, thoroughly mix, set aside
- Finely flake salmon into a large bowl and add the egg, shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes, ground pepper, old bay, lemon zest, bread crumbs, parsley, and canola oil, mix well.
- Form 4 equal patties.
- Take a nonstick skillet and place over medium heat adding canola oil. Add patties and cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Top bottom halves of buns with salmon burgers. Add sun-dried tomato spread onto salmon. Next add garnish of red onion slice, tomato slice, lettuce and avocado. MMM MMM MMM! Enjoy!
You can do it!