Maximum Living Egg, Ham & Cheese Casserole
I always love making breakfast for dinner, and with this recipe you will not fall short of the comfort a warm morning breakfast can give at any meal!
- 4 ½ cups cubed brioche
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb cooked ham, cut into small cubes
- 6 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Take a round 8” cake pan and spray it with cooking spray, place bread cubes into pan
- In large skillet, saute onion in butter until brown, add ham; cook and stir until ham starts to get crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites, half-and-half, chives, garlic salt and Lawry’s seasoned pepper.
- Spread onion-ham mixture over bread cubes. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture over top; press down gently so all bread cubes are soaked with egg mixture. Cover; refrigerate 6 hours
- Heat oven to 350°F, bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
*For a little extra color and flavor, you can slice one red tomato and arrange on the top of the casserole before baking.
You Can Do It!