Maximum Living Sweet Potato Pudding
Bring a little Southern Charm to your meal tonight!
- 1 ½ lbs. sweet potatoes ( about 2 large potatoes or 4 cups)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Pint of whipped cream
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 2-quart square baking dish, set aside. Peel and coarsely shred sweet potatoes into about a total of 4 cups, set aside. Next combine in a large bowl, eggs, half and half, sugar, corn syrup, cornmeal, butter vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Stir in sweet potatoes, ½ cup chopped pecans, ½ cup flaked coconut and ¾ cup raisins, make sure all ingredients are folded in well.
- Put sweet potato mixture into baking dish and bake uncovered on middle rack for 1 ½ hours or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, cool on wire rack.
- While pudding is cooling down to warm, make whip cream by adding whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar to taste, whip just until gently peaks are formed. Immediately add 1 tablespoon rum flavoring and whip until firm peaks are formed.
- Serve pudding warm with a dollop of whipped cream gently sprinkled with remaining coconut and pecans.
Remember, You Can Do it!