Maximum Living Chicken Marsala
If you want a little comfort food but want to keep it healthy, here is a great recipe guaranteed to do just that and make everyone happy every time!
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup sweet marsala wine
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped sage
- 1 mallet/meat tenderizer
- 1 cookie sheet
- Wax paper
- On a cutting board wrap each piece of chicken in plastic wrap and pound them with a mallet down to approximately ¼ inch thick. Pat chicken dry then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large bowl place flour, then dredge each chicken breast in it completely covering, gently shake of excess and set each piece aside on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- In a pan heat oil and butter until foam stops, add chicken and cook just two pieces at a time, turning to cook both sides until golden brown about 3 ½ minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a large serving dish/platter and cover with foil. Wipe out any remaining residue in pan with paper towels and adjust heat on stove to medium.
- Add butter, mushrooms and sage, sauté until tender, season with salt and pepper. Next add cream, dry white wine, sweet Marsala wine and chicken stock. Stir and let it slightly start to reduce.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts and immediately serve.
You Can Do It!