Maximum Living Summer Sensation Strawberry Pie
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup butter, chilled and diced
- ¼ cup ice water
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until it looks like medium sized coarse crumbs. Add water two tablespoons at a time and continue stirring until dough starts to form a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for minimum four hours.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate and press dough evenly into the bottom and sides, pinching the edge with your fingers to form a nice decorative edge.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-0
- 3 lbs. large cleaned and de-stemmed strawberries
- Put water in sauce pan and bring up to boil, add sugar then cornstarch, stir until mixture is clear and thick
- Remove from heat and add whole package of strawberry Jell-O, continue stirring until mixed well, let cool
- Arrange whole strawberries into pie crust in a mounded form, it is ok to mound them top down points up into a triangle tower effect for added drama
- Gently pour Jell-O mixture over strawberries making sure pie crust is completely full
- Chill in refrigerator until Jell-O has set
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint!
Summer is here!
You can do it!