Maximum Living Blackberry Sauce
Our blackberry sauce is wonderful on everything from ice cream, pancakes, French toast, and pork to so much more. It's even known to have been eaten straight up!
- 2 pints fresh blackberries (about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Combine in saucepan over medium heat, water and sugar andstir for about 3 minutes until dissolved
- Add Blackberries, gently squishing them so juice starts to appear and thoroughly mixes into the sugar water mixture
- In a separate bowl combine orange zest, fresh lemon juice, and corn starch, mix
- Stir orange zest mixture into the blackberries bringing it up to a gentle boil, then remove from heat and cool
- Pour into a opened top syrup pitcher to pour
- Can be stored in the refrigerator covered air tight for up to 3 days.
Remember….YOU CAN DO IT!