Maximum Living Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
Wonderful, healthy shrimp tacos with a twist of lime, and just the right balance of citrus and spice. You will love them!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic gloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Cotija Cheese
Cilantro Lime Sauce Ingredients
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped green scallions
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle pepper
- 1 Fresh chopped mango or papaya
- ½ cup sour cream
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen and rinse then pat dry. In a zip-lock plastic bag combine olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat shrimp put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl add chopped mango or papaya (which ever you use) then add finely shredded lime peel, green and purple cabbage , set aside.
- In a food processor pulse all the sauce ingredients except for the sour cream in a food processor. When smooth, add the sour cream and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust as needed. Add mixture to lime peel and shredded cabbage and completely coat.
- Wrap tortillas in foil.
- Thread shrimp on 10-inch metal skewers. On a covered grill, grill tortilla packet directly over medium heat for 5 minutes; turning once. Add shrimp to grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until opaque, turning halfway through grilling. Remove tortilla packet from grill. Remove shrimp from skewers.
- To serve, spread tortillas with lime slaw mixture then top with shrimp
- Sprinkle with Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro
You Can Do It!