Maximum Living Alder Planked Salmon
The native people of the Pacific Northwest knew all about Maximum Living when they cooked fresh salmon. So we're bringing our winning northwest recipe to you here, and you will LOVE it!
- 1 Alder plank
- 1 (1 ½ pound) salmon fillet pin bones removed
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped chives
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Soak Cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes
- Make sure all pin bones are removed from salmon, cover salmon with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use
- Drain plank and grill over medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F) until grill marks appear, usually about 3 minutes. Remove from the grill and place salmon skin side down on the plank over the grill marks.
- Chop Italian Parsley, chives and garlic and add to a small bowl. Stir all together. Sprinkle over salmon.
- Slice lemon into wheels and lay on top of salmon over seasoning
- Place planked salmon on grill and cover for about 15 minutes or until salmon easily flakes with a fork
A good rule of thumb for cooking salmon is 10 to 15 minutes for most 1-inch-thick fillets. Allow another 10 minutes for each extra inch of thickness.
You can Do it!
Purchase The Items Needed For This Recipe
Order Products on Amazon.com