Maximum Living Chocolate Covered Strawberries
The easiest dessert I know to make that is perfect for every meal. Nature's perfection dipped in chocolate!
- 1 pint (basket) fresh strawberries preferably with stems on
- 2 cups milk chocolate
- ½ cup white chocolate (for drizzling)
- Double-boiler or Chocolate melting pot
- Parchment or wax paper
- Baking sheet
- Large wooden toothpicks
- Gently wash strawberries under cool running water, set aside to completely dry before dipping.
- Fill double-boiler with water and bring up to a medium heat, then add chocolate, occasionally stir to break down any lumps, remove the bowl with the chocolate from the heat. If using a chocolate melting pot turn on heat and add chocolate.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Dip strawberries into chocolate by holding onto the stem (if you don’t have a stem on your strawberries, go ahead and insert a toothpick in place of the stem. Dip the strawberry into chocolate in a “V” pattern, make two passes then raise strawberry up and let excess drip off, laying strawberry on its side on parchment paper to dry, repeat process with all of your strawberries.
- Once you are finished dipping all of your strawberries, heat up white chocolate the same was as you did your milk chocolate. Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and dip a spoon into the white chocolate. Immediately bring it over your strawberries and drizzle the white chocolate back and forth over the strawberries in a creative pattern. Continue to repeat until you have the amount of white chocolate on each strawberry that you desire.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator until strawberries are cool and the chocolate has also cooled to a hard shell.
- Serve within 12 hours of making for optimal visual appeal.
Always remember, you can do it!