Maximum Living Meatball Sandwich
This is the year for the return of the meatball sandwich! It’s a hearty meal, and it’s oh so good!
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef
- ½ lb Italian sausage (Costco has a great meat selection to choose from)
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup finely crumbled Italian bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups purchased marinara sauce
- 6 Italian rolls or 6 French banquettes
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian seasoning
- Mix together ground beef, sausage, onion, Parmesan cheese, eggs, fresh parsley, Italian bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, pepper, and salt in a large bowl; blend well.
- Spray a large baking dish or sheet with nonstick spray.
- Shape meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Heat marinara sauce in a saucepan.
- Add meatballs and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Take your rolls and remove some of the bread from the inside to make a well for the meatballs. Brush with olive oil, and season lightly with garlic powder. Place the baguette into the oven during the last 5 minutes of the meatball's time, or until lightly toasted.
- Spoon 5-6 meatballs onto bottom half of rolls, and add enough sauce on top to coat. Add slice of provolone cheese to top of each sandwich and sprinkle lightly with Italian seasoning
- Put back in oven for 30 seconds for cheese to melt, then remove
- Serve hot and enjoy this wonderful entrée with your favorite glass of wine!
You Can Do it!