Maximum Living Tomato Basil Pizza
I don’t know of a more satisfying entrée than pizza, and once you’ve mastered your dough, the sky is the limit on what you can add for your toppings. Have fun, be creative, but most of all, enjoy!
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound (8 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Dried red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Dust large 14 inch pizza pan with yellow cornmeal, stretch dough into 14 inch round and place on pizza pan; brush dough with olive oil. Top with Mozzarella cheese
- Arrange tomato half’s casually around pizza and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, next add basil leaves. Bake the pizza until the crust is crisp and brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted on top, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, lightly sprinkle with red chili flakes, cut into squares or triangles and serve while it’s hot!
*Most pizza restaurants will sell you your favorite crust in a dough ball ready to bake, just call them up and ask. This makes a great idea for a do it yourself pizza party!
And remember… YOU CAN DO IT!