Maximum Living Tiramisu
Of all the desserts in the world, this is sure to be the one you just can’t stop eating! It’s smooth, yet decadent... While at the same time being soft, yet strong. Sounds like the perfect relationship to make anyone happy!
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup Italian dark roast coffee
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 (3 ounce) packages of soft ladyfingers (found in the freezer section of your grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 regular size milk chocolate bar
- In a double boiler or saucepan (I like to use a double boiler), whisk together egg yolks and sugar until blended well Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow it to cool down. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form, set aside. Now whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and gently soak into coffee/rum mixture until saturated but not to the point of falling apart.
- Lay half of the soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa.
- Shave chocolate bar over the cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate until set generally from 4 hours to overnight.
Enjoy and Remember…
YOU CAN DO IT!