Maximum Living Fiesta Flan
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup Cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon zested orange peel
- Sliced Kiwi and Strawberries
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar in a heavy skillet or saucepan, stirring constantly until it completely melts and turns dark gold.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into a 4 1/2 cup metal ring mold, swish it around so it evenly coats the bottom of the ring mold.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Stir in milk, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and orange peel.
- Place caramel coated ring mold in another larger pan.
- Pour egg mixture into the ring mold and pour hot water into base pan to make a water bath.
- Bake at 325F for about an hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and water bath. Cool flan pan on a wire rack, then chill for 3-4 hours
- Loosen edges of flan with a smooth knife, slip knife down the sides to let air in.
- Place a serving platter over the mold and flip platter and pan upside down, gently lift flan mold pan off.
- Spoon out from the mold any excess caramel that may remain and drizzle over flan.
- Put sliced fruit in bowls and serve with flan
** If you really want to round out the experience of this dessert, I suggest you serve with a small scoop of Tillamook Oregon Hazelnut Salted Carmel Ice Cream.