Maximum Living Lime Cilantro Rice
Rice is a staple of many types of cuisine around the world, and Mexican food is no exception. But don't settle for bland, white rice to complement your Maximum Living Mexican Fiesta. Our Lime Cilantro Rice has flavor that will make you say, "mas arroz, por favor!"
- 1 cup white rice (I like to use Bob's Red Mill Arborio Rice)
- 3 cups Pacific Foods chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra- virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup fresh shredded cilantro
- 14 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- Sauté onion in oil and butter for about 3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan add in chicken stock, sauted onion and rice bring to boil while stirring, and then let simmer until rice is cooked.
- When rice is done fluff with a fork then add cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt and 1/2 can green enchilada sauce and mix well with a fork!