Maximum Living Perfect Pork Tacos
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo (seeded for less heat)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (one) 3 1/2 to 4 pound pork shoulder, rinsed and cleaned
- 1 package soft corn or flour tortillas, or preformed corn taco shells
- 1 cup Cotija Cheese
- 1 cup Tillamook cheddar and 1 cup Tillamook jack cheese mixed
- 2 diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a bowl and mix. Score the fat on pork shoulder and rub the pork shoulder all over with the seasoning mixture and place in a Crock Pot, pour remaining seasoning into crock pot/slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8-12 hours.
- Put the pork onto a plate and using 2 forks, shred the into bite size pieces removing all of the visible fat.
- Place the pork into the tortillas and sprinkle with Cotija Cheese and jack cheddar cheese mixture. As an option you can also add in your diced tomatoes and lettuce.