Maximum Living Coconut Tres Leches Cake
In my humble opinion, there can never be too much coconut. Fortunately, this recipe has plenty of it, and is sure to have you dreaming of lying in a hammock at the beach in no time…Yes Please!
- Butter to coat baking dish
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
- 1 ½ tablespoon Whalers Dark Rum
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325, coat with butter a 13x9 baking dish
- In a bowl put 1 cup all-purpose flour, whisk until smooth texture and set aside.
- Separate 6 eggs putting just the yolks in a mixing bowl. Puts whites in separate bowl for later. Add ½ tsp vanilla and sugar to the yolks and beat with mixer until smooth and light yellow.
- Into a larger bowl transfer the egg mixture.
- In a clean mixing bowl add egg whites and ship with beaters until peaks form
- With a spatula gently stir egg whites into yolk mixture just a little at a time until all is used.
- Now sprinkle flour over the egg mixture and gently fold until thoroughly mixed
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake until the cake is starting to pull away from the edge of the baking dish; this usually takes about 20 minutes.
- While the cake is baking put condensed milk, evaporated milk, cream of coconut and rum into a large bowl and mix until completely mixed together.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire cooling rack
- Gently pierce cake with a fork all over the top of the cake and allow to continue to cool for 20 minutes
- Pour milk mixture over cake and continue to let it cool until it’s cooled down enough to put into the refrigerator for up to 3 hours or overnight.
- Spread coconut flakes onto a cookie sheet and toast in the oven on broil for about 4-5 minutes, watch it close so that it does not burn, you just want it to be slightly brown to brown and then immediately remove from the oven
- Once you’re ready to serve the cake place the whipping cream powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla and ½ teaspoon coconut extract in a mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks start to form.
- Spread whipped cream over entire cake then sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve!
You Can Do It!