Maximum Living Roasted Salsa
Maximum Living Roasted Salsa is a perfect companion to any Mexican dish. Whether you're eating it with tortilla chips, or using it on tacos, burritos, enchiladas or anything else, it will add that roasted flavor, and just a little heat you're looking for.
- 2 large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 jalapenos
- 5 finely sliced scallions
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- On a rimmed backing sheet Place tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, scallions and garlic cloves.
- Broil until the vegetables start to soften, make sure to flip vegetables every 4-5 minutes so they don’t brown to quickly, any vegetables that you see browning quickly such as garlic or scallions, go ahead and remove them while the others finish.
- Remove skins from the garlic and put into a food processor with the rest of the vegetables until pureed to your desired consistency, for this I recommend using the pulse feature.
- Add lime juice, pulse to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste, pulse again to mix well.
- Put salsa into a bowl and stir in cilantro