Maximum Living Salsa Verde
Maximum Living Salsa Verde has that great tomatillo flavor you love, and goes with just about anything Mexican or south western! Try it on tortilla chips, tacos, enchiladas, fajitas and anything else, honestly...
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 minced serrano chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and Chile pepper into a saucepan. Season with cilantro, cumin, and salt; pour in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, carefully puree the tomatillos and water in batches until smooth.