Maximum Living Cheese and Cherry Sweetheart Crostini
Sweet cherries and cream cheese on a Costco baguette will sing to your heart any time of year. It’s easy to make, visually beautiful, and makes for a great start to any event, from cocktail party to a dinner party!
- About 40 sweet cherries coarsely chopped (pitted and de-stemmed)
- 1 ½ Tbs. sugar
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1 Costco French bread baguette
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cream cheese
- Mint leaves
- Preheat broiler to high or 350F
- Cut bread slices into ¼ to ½ inch slices (your preference)
- Wash, pit and de-stem cherries. Place them into a sauce pan and sprinkle with sugar to completely coat. Add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer as cherries release their juices. Stir periodically until liquid begins to slightly thicken, remove from heat.
- Brush both sides of your baguette slices with olive oil and arrange on a cookie sheet. Broil until lightly toasted then remove sheet from oven. Flip the slices to their other side, lightly salt and pepper then place back in oven to toast for about 1-2 minutes, remove.
- In a bowl, blend softened cream cheese and two tablespoons mint. Spread mixture onto the top of each crostini, add cherries and place on serving tray.
- Sprinkle remaining mint over the top of the cherries and serve.
Always remember…. You Can Do It!