Maximum Living Mexican Chicken Lasagna
At Maximum Living, we love taking a Costco Rotisserie Chicken and giving it a Mexican-Italian twist. And oh, what a jolt of flavor it gives in every single bite! It’s not just a twist... It’s a twist and shout!
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. Costco Rotisserie Chicken (shredded breast meat)
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco seasoning mix
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1 19 oz. can Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (8oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can Rosarita no fat chili lime refried beans
- Sour Crème
- 3 small tomatoes diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Black olives sliced
- 6-8 large flour tortillas (white, green or orange, whatever your preference)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat add 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Add taco seasoning, shallots, scallions, beans and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add Costco Rotisserie Chicken (shredded breast meat) and sauté another 2 minutes. Add Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and stir to heat through for about another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut tortillas into quarters to make layer into 9x13 baking dish. Cover bottom of backing dish with a thin coat of remaining enchilada sauce. Add a layer of tortilla quarters in bottom of backing dish, fill in any gaps.
- Build lasagna in layers (at least two layers), Chicken mixture from pan, cheese, black olives, tortillas, Chicken mixture from pan, cheese, black olives, repeat as necessary. Make sure final layer is finished with tortillas, add another thin layer of enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake lasagna for about 40 minutes until tortillas start to become crispy and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve with a dollop of sour crème and diced tomatoes on top.
Enjoy, and always remember… You Can Do It!