Maximum Living Choripanes
South America has given the world yet another amazing culinary experience, Choripanes! Each country may do it a bit differently, but one thing is for sure... The taste is as wonderful as the culture!
- Costco French Baguettes
- 1 Pack (5) Aidells Spicy Mango & Jalapeno Sausages (or choose your favorite flavor
- 1 Tsp. fresh chopped oregano leaves
- ½ Tsp. dried chili flakes
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh finely chopped shallot
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ Tsp. fresh chopped garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tsp. lime zest
- 3 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Cut baguette lengthwise and cut off ends, set aside.
- For the Chimichurri sauce take a glass bowl and add oregano, chili flakes, red onion, shallot, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, cilantro, lime zest, extra virgin olive oil. Stir to completely coat ingredients with oil. Set aside for at least an hour to allow flavors to release and blend.
- Next, take sausages and place them in a well-oiled pan or grill. Cook until slightly charred and cooked all the way through. Remove from grill and slice sausages length wise. Place and cover in foil.
- Take baguette and brush each inside piece with olive oil and place on grill or in pan just long enough to slightly toast, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide sausages evenly between baguettes. Gently cover each with Chimichurri sauce and serve.
*Only one Choripane per person 😊
You Can Do It!