Maximum Living Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
In my opinion, the bourbon makes the barbecue. The smoky, deep woods flavor married to the sweetness of pure maple syrup makes for the perfect couple. You’ll fall in love as soon as it touches your lips!
- ½ minced onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup bourbon whiskey
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp liquid smoke (to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- On your cooktop in a large skillet on medium heat, add minced onion, garlic and bourbon whiskey. Sauté/simmer until onions are clear/translucent, about 10-12 minutes.
- Next add tomato paste, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, salt, liquid smoke, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and dry mustard. Bring heat up to high continually stirring until it reaches boiling. Make sure to keep stirring so it doesn’t burn and stick to bottom of your pan.
- Return heat to medium and stir for 4 minutes then reduce to low for about 15-20 minutes.
You Can Do It!