Maximum Living Heirloom Tomato Salad
Heirloom Tomatoes have the distinct, rich, garden flavor of yesteryear, lost today by so many grow houses that push the growth cycle of our everyday store-bought tomatoes. This salad is rich in flavor and vitamins, and it’s oh-so-fresh!
- 2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes (Costco has a great organic variety)
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Clover Honey
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- Slice tomatoes into wedges and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl add extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, pepper, salt, Italian parsley, half of your tarragon and half of your basil leaves, shallots. Blend together with a Wisk.
- Drizzle over the top of your tomatoes and fold tomatoes over as you continue to add your remaining dressing. Make sure tomatoes are thoroughly covered.
- Sprinkle top of tomatoes with remaining tarragon and basil and serve.
I always provide each of my guests additional salt and pepper so they can dial up the flavor as needed.
And remember… You Can Do It!