Maximum Living Easter Bunny Box Cake
What's better during this festive time of year than adding to your Easter Celebrations, the joy of making the Maximum Living Easter Bunny Box cake? Doing it with friends and family! They won't believe how cute and delicious this culinary centerpiece is!
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist carrot cake mix
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can 8oz crushed pineapple juice, undrained
- ½ cup shredded or flaked coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- tooth picks
- Jelly beans and other assorted Easter candies for decoration
Heavenly coconut frosting
Note: Sweetened cream of coconut is available in the liquor section of most supermarkets.
- 3 8-ounce packages Philadelphia-brand cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cups canned sweetened cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350F (325F for dark or nonstick pans), make and cool cake as directed on box for two 8 inch or 9 inch round pans.
- Reserve 1 layer for another use or to make a second bunny. Cut 1 layer in half, put halves together with frosting to form body. Place cake upright on cut edge on tray.
- Cut out a notch about one third of the way up one end of body to form head. Attach half of cutout piece from tail with toothpicks; frost with remaining frosting, rounding body on sides. Sprinkle with 1 cup coconut. Cut ears from construction paper; press into notch on top. Use jelly beans for eyes and nose.
- Shake 1 cup coconut and 3 drops food color in tightly covered jar until evenly tinted. Surround bunny with tinted coconut. Add additional jelly beans or chocolate foil covered eggs if desired. Store loosely covered.
You Can Do It!