Maximum Living Date Shake
I like to think of dates as jewels of the desert. A sweet treat given to us by the strong, yet graceful date palm. The date is a mysterious, ancient fruit that is packed full of vitamins and minerals, so let’s “Shake” it up!
- 10 pitted Medjool Dates
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 2 cups of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream (canned is fine)
- ¼ cup bakers sweetened coconut flakes
- On a nonstick cookie sheet spread out ¼ cup of sweetened coconut flakes, place in oven on top rack and broil for approximately 1 minute or until browned and toasted, remove from oven and let sit.
- In a food processor add pitted Medjool Dates and warm water, pulse to puree making it smooth while still leaving in coarse chewable pieces.
- Next transfer dates into blender, add 1 cup whole milk, 2 cups vanilla ice cream and thoroughly blend.
- Transfer ingredients into two shake glasses and top with whipped cream, sprinkle toasted coconut over the top and serve.
You will love this naturally sweet treat, and wonder why you haven’t been drinking these all your life... They are just that good!
Always remember… You Can Do It!