Maximum Living Perfect Baked Potato
When a baked potato is cooked just right, there’s no need to add anything else to it. Of course, that’s not to say you shouldn't have options! So we have included some options for you, just in case you want to “dress it up!”
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 Stick softened butter
- Sour cream
- Fresh minced chives
- Real bacon bits
- Vegetable scrub brush
- Cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut 4 pieces of foil big enough to wrap around each potato.
- Under warm water, take a vegetable scrub brush and scrub potato skins, making sure not to break the skin open. Rinse well and pat dry, place 4 foil pieces onto a cookie sheet or broiling pan then place potatoes onto it.
- Put olive oil on a plate and brush entire potato with olive oil. Once all potatoes are covered in the olive oil, put coarse sea salt on a medium plate and roll each potato in the salt, you can also rub it onto the potato, just make sure you get coverage all the way around the potato then place it back onto the foil when done. Poke two sets of fork holes into each potato, wrap potato tightly in each piece of foil and place cooking sheet in oven for 1 hour.
- Do not open foil until potatoes are ready to serve and eat. Once ready, open foil, slice open potato lengthwise with a knife and add butter. This is also the time put on your additional add-ons to make it to your liking. One thing for sure, the flavor of the potato with the salt and butter will be enough to finally be able to eat the whole potato skin and all!
Enjoy, and always remember… You Can Do It!