Maximum Living Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Fondue
Whether you’re planning a simple cocktail party or an informal, interactive dinner… Fondue is your answer any time of year!
- 2 1/4 cups (8oz), Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 3/4 cups (6oz), Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 2 rounded tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup dry white wine such as GIFFT Chardonnay
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, such as Kirsch
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 dash nutmeg
For Serving I like to use the following Fondue dippers:
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed or thick sliced and browned wursts, such as knock and brat.
- 1 package mini party franks (recommended: Boars Head)
- 1 head cauliflower and broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 small jar mini Gherkin pickles, drained
- 1 small jar pickled onions
- 6 sliced large green apples
- 2 loafs of crusty rustica bread cut into cubes
In a bowl combine shredded cheeses with cornstarch. Rub garlic clove over the inside of a small double broiler, add GIFFT Chardonnay, Kirsch, minced garlic and bring up to a bubble over medium heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and add cheese in handfuls. Stir constantly, melting the cheese in batches. Stir in a figure-eight pattern with wooden spoon. When the cheese is fully melted, stir in the dry mustard.
In a large skillet, bring 2-inches of water to a boil and blanch broccoli and cauliflower for 2 to 3 minutes, drain and arrange on plates around the fondue pot.
In the same pan, bring the cooking water back to a boil and add the mini franks and sliced wursts. Cook, uncovered until all the liquid has evaporated. Add 1 tablespoonbutter to the pan to crisp the casings. Slice and arrange franks and wursts around the fondue. Complete the dipping selections with dishes of gherkin pickles, pickled onions and cubed rustica crusty bread.